WACSAC is the project of one Matthew Pakulski, composer and wrangler-in-chief. It is currently engaged in the work of producing his composed music for “classical” instruments (your basic strings, winds, brass and once in a while, voice), and to use these productions as a framework for live events that include collaborations and artistic participation from other artists.
That’s the current mission, and WACSAC is excited for that mission to expand.
Some info about Matt:
- Education: Harvard University, 1994. Studied composition with Ivan Tcherepnin and Bernard Rands.
- Member of rock band Fat Day, 1992-2005. Co-composer of six albums and ten EPs of rock and experimental material and one electronic film soundtrack; co-inventor of electronic musical helmets, trampolines, and light-triggered devices.
- Founder and sole creative force of WACSAC chamber ensemble, 1994-1997.
- Proprietor of Pipeline Records, Cambridge and Somerville, MA, 1997-2000.
- Senior Manager of Music Analysis, MediaUnbound, Inc. – a music recommendations technology company – 2000-present.